PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
The following recomendation applies ONLY TO POETRY CONTESTS: all poetry will be used to uplift and inspire kids battling cancer. We ask that you use caution with your topics to not include anything controversial, vulgar, or explicit. The topic of each contest will be provided on the webpage for that contest.
The following rules apply ONLY TO ART CONTEST
- No human subjects in the artwork. Some kids struggle with the effects of cancer, such as losing their hair, or having reduced mobility. We don’t want something like a picture of a girl with long, beautiful hair to trigger sadness in someone. Animals, nature, buildings, etc., are all amazing subjects!
- A focus on life and uplifting images. All artwork should be uplifting. We don’t encourage any scary images, any resemblance of death, etc. Also, no submissions including drugs, alcohol, or other harmful sustances or actions. No political submissions will be accepted.
- Original Work. All drawings, paintings, or other submissions must be the entrants original work (no famous characters or replicas of another’s artwork.
To be eligible to participate (in each case as an “Eligible Participant”) in the YOUTH-LED CHARITIES CONTEST you must satisfy the following criteria:
- be age of eighteen or younger (18); and
- have a parent/legal guardian (“Guardian”) who is over eighteen (18) years of age and will provide parental consent to enter the Contest and grant the rights set forth herein.
Those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of this Contest, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with Contest (collectively “Contest Entities”) and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Contest.
Participation constitutes full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. This Contest is subject to, and all Eligible Participants shall comply with, all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By registering your child for this contest, parents grant permission for their children’s submissions, first name and last initial, age, and city to be put online or printed in the YLC Charity Challenger.
We only allow one entry per person.
All entries must be the entrant’s original work. If YLC is notified that any element of an entrant’s entry infringes upon the rights of another person, the entry will be disqualified from the contest.
At the end of the submission period the YLC official panel of judges will select a first-, second-, and third-place winners.
Winners will receive prizes as noted below:
- First place: $100.00
- Second place: $50.00
- Third place: $25.00
The first-, second-, and third-place winners will also have a guaranteed placement of their work in the YLC Charity Challenger magazine.
Local businesses may donate gift cards, products, etc., to be given to participants and/or winners of this contest. These are bonus prizes, and are not guaranteed.
Selected entries will be featured for publication in the YLC Charity Challenger magazine. All entries will be posted on the Youth-Led Charities website. Some will be featured on social media sites.
Submissions will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such entry. Youth-Led Charities shall have no liability for any submission that is lost, intercepted, or not received by Youth-Led Charities for any reason.